Terms of Service
Kitsap Fresh is dedicated to providing a marketplace for its members and local Kitsap farmers. The mission is to promote seasonal, local food production and community supported solutions for our local food system.
In addition, Kitsap Fresh exists to support and develop existing local producers; to support and develop new farmers, including non-traditional farmers.
1. Kitsap Fresh strives to be a business that is financially viable, environmentally sustainable and socially just.
2. Kitsap Fresh collects 15% of each transaction plus $1.50. Producers will be charged 1% at the end of the accounting year based on their overall sales from the previous year. These fees are used for operations costs of Kitsap Fresh.
3. Volunteering is encouraged but not required. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
4. Producers must fully disclose practices used to raise livestock and grow crops to members of Kitsap Fresh so consumer members can make informed purchasing decisions about producers and products offered. Full disclosure of growing, farming and production practices forms the basis of trust between the producer and consumer members of Kitsap Fresh.
5. Producers may only sell products they themselves have grown, processed and/or crafted. A producer may not buy wholesale from someone else and then retail the product through Kitsap Fresh.
6. Producer members may only sell value-added products that they themselves make. Purchasing ingredients for value added products is permitted. Value-added products must use as many ingredients as possible produced by the member, or purchased from Washington farmers. Simply changing the form in which the product is offered for sale, such as repackaging into a smaller size, does not add value and is not permitted.
7. Every producer member is responsible to know and be in compliance with all appropriate federal, state and local inspections, licenses, statutes, taxes and ordinances. Kitsap Fresh does collect sales tax; producer members are encouraged to price their goods accordingly.
8. Kitsap Fresh and Directors have no liability for products sold.
9. Each order is a legally enforceable contract to pick up and pay for the products ordered, unless the products are damaged or broken.
10. Customers are responsible picking up their orders during the times specified. Distribution location and times will be predetermined and publicized to all members.
11.Customers are responsible for ensuring they receive all items ordered by carefully checking their invoices. Prompt payment is a condition of participation.
12. All unclaimed orders at the end of posted hours on Wednesday shall be forfeited and donated to the host site or the food bank.