Terms of Service
Kitsap Fresh is dedicated to providing a marketplace for its members and local Kitsap farmers. The mission is to promote seasonal, local food production and community supported solutions for our local food system.
In addition, Kitsap Fresh exists to support and develop existing local producers; to support and develop new farmers, including non-traditional farmers.
1. Kitsap Fresh strives to be a business that is financially viable, environmentally sustainable and socially just.
2. Consumer Membership to Kitsap Fresh is free. Annual Producer Membership to Kitsap Fresh is $50.
3. Kitsap Fresh collects 20% of each transaction with an additional $6.00 packaging fee per order. These fees are used to help support operations of Kitsap Fresh.
4. Volunteering is encouraged but not required. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
5. Producers must fully disclose practices used to raise livestock and grow crops to members of Kitsap Fresh so consumer members can make informed purchasing decisions about producers and products offered. Full disclosure of growing, farming and production practices form the basis of trust between the producer and consumer members of Kitsap Fresh.
6. Producers may only sell products they themselves have grown or processed. A producer may not buy wholesale from someone else and then retail the product through Kitsap Fresh.
7. Producer members may only sell value-added products that they themselves make. Purchasing ingredients for value added products is permitted. Value-added products must use as many ingredients as possible produced by the member, or purchased from Washington farmers. Simply changing the form in which the product is offered for sale, such as repackaging into a smaller size, does not add value and is not permitted.
8. Every producer member is responsible to know and be in compliance with all appropriate federal, state and local inspections, licenses, statutes, taxes and ordinances. Kitsap Fresh does not collect sales tax; producer members are encouraged to price their goods accordingly.
9. Kitsap Fresh and Directors have no liability for products sold.
10. Each order is a legally enforceable contract to pick up and pay for the products ordered, unless the products are damaged or broken.
11. Producers Members are responsible for dropping off products and consumers for picking up their orders during the times specified. Distribution location and times will be predetermined and publicized to all members.
12. Consumers are responsible for ensuring they receive all items ordered and for carefully checking their invoices. All orders must be paid for before members order again. Prompt payment is a condition of membership.
13. All unclaimed items shall be donated to the host site, a food bank or volunteer.
14. By selecting home delivery, customers agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
The Home Delivery is on Thursdays, the fee is $12 per order.
Customers have 4 Cooler Options:
A. Order again within 21 days, be sure to have the last cooler ready for pick up
B. Return the cooler within 21 days (see details below)
C. Pay a one-time cooler fee of $40, keep the provided cooler.
D. Have your own chilled cooler ready Thursday (8am to 5pm) in an obvious place, marked clearly KF for the delivery driver.
Unless customers choose Option C or D, customers assume a $40 fee for KF Delivery Coolers not returned on time.
Option A Details: Be sure the previous KF cooler is clean & ready to be picked up on your next order Thursday.
Option B Details: Customers must return the Kitsap Fresh (KF) Delivery Cooler within 21 days of delivery date, including the reusable cooler, cooler lid & ice blocks. Customers have the following options:
A. Return it to our nearest curbside pick-up location during posted hours.
B. Return it to the Kitsap Fresh Warehouse (Poulsbo) during staffed hours:
1. Monday or Tuesday from 10am - 2pm
2. Wednesday 10am - 6pm
3. By Appointment (call 360-271-0679)
Option C Details: Make sure the purchased cooler is clean and ready for your order on Thursdays.